Where: Mentor Schools Paradigm
6477 Center Street
Mentor, OH 44060
When: September 9, 2021
8:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT
International agreements can include representation or distribution contracts, licensing, manufacturing and/or sourcing agreements. Laws and regulations governing those agreements are not always what parties to the contract expect – and the consequences for those misunderstandings can be dire. This hybrid seminar will cover what business managers should be aware of BEFORE they enter into an agreement with an entity located in another country, what remedies are available when something goes wrong, and how to prevent inadvertent violations of US regulations related to forced labor, bribery or new requirements outlined in the USMCA. The seminar will be presented by three legal professionals, each with on-the-ground experience in the Americas, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
Who Should Attend This seminar will focus on the practical business aspects of entering into contractual obligations with parties located in other countries. It will be particularly suitable for:
- Exporters and Importers, logistics managers and compliance professionals
- Manufacturers, distributors and service companies doing business with foreign entities
- Companies interested in licensing or sourcing production overseas
- Companies contracting to manufacture foreign products in the US
ON THE AGENDA
- International contractual dos and don’ts specific to the Americas, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
- Potential liabilities related to violations of US regulations, foreign employment and labor laws
- IP and trademark protections
- Supply chain disruptions, force majeure
- Anticompetitive red flags
- Examples for each region
Presented by the City of Mentor International Trade Initiative, the Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce.
Continental breakfast and light refreshments will be available.
Contact Kevin Malecek, Director, Economic Development and International Trade at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding this seminar or other needs.